Monday, August 12, 2013

Back To The Beginning

Are you tired, frustrated, disgusted, or even feeling broken? Has life left you in a place of doubt, confusion, depression, or maybe even elevated you to that place where you feel you just can't go on this way any longer? That's just the place where GOD can work with you the best. This means it's time to go back to the beginning - that  place where you don't have to have all the answers anymore. This is a point where someone else can take over for a while.
     It says in the WORD of GOD that, "In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD." (John 1:1) That's where I look when I just don't know where to go anymore. It's the only source of peace I have ever been able to count on in this crazy mixed up world. As a follower of JESUS CHRIST - you notice I didn't say church goer, or some other denominational title or description - I look to the only ONE WHO could ever bring relief from a life filled with uncertainty. Some of the most painful times in my life have turned into some of the greatest victories when it points me in a direction opposite of me.Yeah, that's right I said it, the opposite me and my thoughts, or plans, or whims, or whatever. This is the time that if I go back to the beginning, GOD can rise me up to a place where I am one on one with HIM.
     If you have already found that place of saving GRACE at some time in your life, but have lost touch with your center, as I have so many times in my walk, then this is the perfect time to get one on one with the WORD again. Go back to the BIBLE and start allowing HIM to chart the course once more. Give the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John a chance. See what other men and women experienced as they walked through life with JESUS. As you walk through those pages day by day with a loving savior HE will get you back on the course of life that HE chose for you before HE ever even formed you.(Jeremiah 1:5) If you have already made a choice for JESUS you are still right on course. You, like me sometimes, just need someone with the instruction manual in HIS hands to show you the way.
     If you have never made a decision to put your life in someones hands other than your own, or some other person more screwed up than you, then now is the time to consider a new way. JESUS is and always was the WAY, the TRUTH, and the answer to real LIFE. (John 14:6) Please show up next week and I will take you down a road definitely less traveled, but certainly one you never regret. It is called THE ROMANS ROAD. Trust me, you will never regret showing up for the journey I am about to take you on. See you next week for the ride of a lifetime - same time, same channel, same encouraging pen. Be blessed.

Apostle RC Coyle