Wednesday, May 7, 2014

THE END FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

THE END FROM THE BEGINNING!!!
    It's funny but the other day I was at War Memorial Park praying about the event God Won Ministries International Inc. is having there on May 23 & 24, Memorial Day weekend. It was a cool morning with the dew still misting off the grass, the pool still empty from the winter prep, and the park pretty much vacant with the exception of me, a homeless brother, and a few early morning dog walkers. As I meandered up and down the hills praying for the May event I couldn't keep my mind from wondering. Wondering what this park would look like with the stage lined with gifted musicians all praising God with the talents He gifted them. In my minds eye I could see Hoss's Steak and Sea House feeding dozens of homeless and others with no expectation of reward other than what they receive from our Creator. There were businesses from all walks of life - Butler's Farm Market passing out produce, Seasonal Services Landscaping passing out the love of God at their booth, and Doggone Pets handing out puppy kisses to all the children. Churches from all sorts of denominations were there sharing the love of God with no care for doctrinal differences. Spreading the love of Jesus was their sole reason for being at the park on this sunny Memorial Day. 
    I pushed forward up the steps of the grandstand area and peered down at the pool once more, this time filled with area children enjoying their first swim of the season and their last one for free. But yeah! Even one or two is better than none for those who may never taste of the chlorine again, because Mom or Dad just don't have the money in this tight economy. Looking  back over my shoulder I see the hills lined with youth enjoying the petting zoo and Joey and Little Cindy in the bouncy house, Bubby taking a pony ride, while Tana tries to dunk Pastor Tom in the dunk tank. There are the screams from the volleyball court as Bob's team wins the weekend championship with all the other opponents cheering inspite of their earlier losses.  I can almost taste the Sweet Frog Yogurt melting in Suzie's cup as she tries to feed it to the lambs.
    Closing my eyes tight in expectation of one last picture, the rocky hillside fills to capacity while Pastor Donivan preaches fire from the stage. His jaw clinched firm and his spirit overflowing with resolve he prepares to give an invitation like no other - not to a party or a bar or a  temporal pleasure - but to an eternal destination filled with promise and companionship of a loving Savior. As people young and old, from all ethnic backgrounds make their way to the altar I glance to the small pavilion on the top of the mount. My heart bubbles over while watching Michael T. lead all our children down the same eternal path.
    Can you see it all as I see it? If not, come with us to the park and help create it on May 23 and 24. Let The SPIRIT of GOD lead you and me to a vision like no other. To a vision HE has planned for us since before the world ever was.